Joint Disease in the Horse 2nd edition
Dr. McIlwraith’s Joint Disease in the Horse, 2nd Edition is the only book to give you a full account of equine joint disease, combining a thorough, up-to-date survey of scientific advances with a practical guide to both medical and surgical treatments. With contributions from nationally and internationally recognized pioneers in the field, this groundbreaking text offers an overview of joint structure and function and translates the latest information on basic joint pathobiology into practical application for the clinician. Step-by-step guidance on injection techniques and medications, along with a survey of practical arthroscopic surgery and developments, make it a truly indispensable reference for all equine veterinarians treating sports and racing horses.
- UNIQUE! Unprecedented, state-of-the-art coverage of the pathology, pathogenesis, and clinical diagnosis of traumatic and degenerative joint disease, so you stay in the know.
- Section on general principles of joint pathobiology provides the background to evaluate and interpret the diagnostic and surgical aspects of disease.
- Explores treatments for traumatic arthritis and osteoarthritis and other joint entities, offering a broad range of options and up-to-date recommendations for problematic decisions.
- Addresses recent advances and results in arthroscopic surgery for the acute injury and results including fragment removal, fragment fixation, and synovectomy.
- Discussion of current research provides insight for difficult cases and calls out the directions in which future arthritis research is headed.
- More than 325 photographs and line drawings help engage and guide you through procedures and treatments.