Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians
Covering dogs and cats, ruminants, horses, swine, birds, rabbits, laboratory animals, and fish, Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition features clear and concise discussions of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites. In full-color, with a convenient spiral binding, this resource offers step-by-step guidelines for collecting samples and performing lab procedures. Comprehensive terminology coverage familiarizes you with the language of parasitology for effective communication with other members of the veterinary team, and the enhanced life cycle coverage helps you educate clients about prevention and control strategies.
- Clear and concise coverage of the most commonly encountered internal and external parasites provides an accessible, informative resource for veterinarians, technicians and students alike.
- Full-color images of parasites ease your ability to recognize parasites in lab samples.
- Appendix of parasites for each species shows their location and makes it easy to find discussions on every specific parasite.
- Chapter on lab procedures offers step-by-step guidelines for gathering samples and performing lab procedures.
- Emphasis on zoonotic potential of parasites helps you alert other health care workers and clients on ways to prevent transmission of a zoonotic parasite, condition, or syndrome from animals to humans.
- Basic chapter on terminology familiarizes you with the language of parasitology for more effective communication with clients and colleagues.
- Heartworm section offers insights on performing and interpreting heartworm diagnostic tests to help you recognize and treat this major parasite.