Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery 3rd Edition
A concise guide to the care of small mammals, ferrets rabbits and rodents clinical medicine and surgery covers the conditions seen most often in veterinary practice. The book emphasizes preventive medicine along with topics including disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 400 illustrations demonstrate key concepts related to radiographic interpretation, relevant anatomy, and diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques. Now in full color, this edition adds coverage of more surgical procedures and expands coverage of zoonotic disease. From editors Katherine Quesenberry and James W. Carpenter, along with a team of expert contributors, the “Pink Book” provides an authoritative, single source of information that is hard to find elsewhere.
- A logical organization makes it quick and easy to find important information, with each section devoted to a single animal and chapters within each section organized by body system.
- Over 400 photographs and illustrations highlight key concepts such as radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
- A chapter on ophthalmology provides hard-to-find information on eye care for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
- Coverage of preventive medicine includes basic biology, husbandry, and routine care of the healthy animal.
- The drug formulary supplies dosage instructions for ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats/mice, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders.
- Chapter outlines offer at-a-glance overviews of the contents of each chapter.
- Handy tables and charts make it easy to find key information.